Pages

Makeup Tutorial

TUTORIAL: Simple Korean Ulzzang Makeup

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hello Ladies~ I got many requests, asking how to do simple ulzzang makeup. Let me explain the word "ulzzang" first ok? ^^

Ulzzang (얼짱) is a popular South Korean term literally meaning "best face" or "good-looking". Originally used as a slang term, this word in the English lexicon has evolved into describing a person that follows specific style of fashion. A person desiring eoljjang status would gain popularity on the internet through entering contests where their photos are judged and chosen by voters. - Wikipedia

Nah. Since ulzzang and Korea is sooooo close related, so I can conclude that Ulzzang makeup/style is basically inspired by Korean culture. And then I combine both, in my own style of course! :D
Hope this tutorial can help and inspiring all of you~
1. POINT ONE: BIG CIRCLE LENS

It's really important to look "cute" and "dolly" in ulzzang style. Pick circle lens that have 14 mm and above diameter, and of course the black outer ring to make it more bigger look. This is just suggestion from me, not a must, but trust me that circle lens makes different! You agree with me? :p
Choose the natural colors, like grey, brown, black, etc. In this look I am using Ageha Icy Grey from Japan Softlens.
2. POINT TWO: FLAWLESS GLOWING DEWY SKIN
Only Korean makeup that has flawless glowing dewy skin look! Hhahaha... It gives you illusion of healthy face. I mix Etude House Nymph Aura with Too Cool For School BB Lunch Box in 1:2 ratio.
None is flawless in this world, even the most rich woman who get treatment every week in the most expensive place too! So, God created concealer for women! XD
I am using Holika Holika Cover and Hiding Liquid Concealer to cover my dark circle and mole under my nose LOL.




3. POINT THREE: STRAIGHT EYEBROWS

And I can say that Korean straight eyebrow is really popular nowadays. It can makes you look much younger with straight style! Go give a try :D
Please bear my untidy eyebrow hahahahahhaha T_T




4. POINT FOUR: BLACK BOLD EYELINER

I love ulzzang style because they often use black bold eyeliner. I love black and bold eyeliner!! ^^
If you want to know my "signature style of eyeliner", you can check my tutorial HERE. But in this look, I make it very very veryyyy simple and natural :)

Ah, I am using Etude House Oh~ My Eye Eyeliner Liquid in black.

5. POINT FIVE: AEGYO SAL
Nahhh.. This is essential in Ulzzang makeup. Aegyo sal is a "smiling eyes", in simple word is: cute eyebag! LOL! How can eyebag becomes cute? Yes, Korean makeup made this kind of trendsetter. 
The steps: (1) Smile please, so your eyebag will appear. (2) Highlight the bump with white shadow. (3) Use light brown - one color lower than your own skin color - and make a "shadow" under the eyebag.


6. POINT SIX: GRADIENT LIPS

This is also a must!!! I love this kind of lips style, regarding my born natural duck lips, HAHAHA!
The steps: (1) Use lips concealer, I am using Etude House Color Me Nude Lip Concealer. (2) Use liptint - for dy lips - in the center of lips. I prefer liptint than lipstick, but you can also use lipstick to make this kind of lips style, check my tutorial HERE. (3) Blend well with finger, re-do step number 2 to make it more red and bright.

TADAAA~!! We are done!! LOL!!
These are my selcas, don't get sick please? Hahahhaa!








What do you think?
I hope this post help enough ^^

You Might Also Like

0 blogger-facebook